Dr. Bipul Kumar Mahato
Designation: Research Fellow
Area of Interest: Magnetic materials, Spin waves and Spintronics.
B.Sc. in Physics from the University of Burdwan, India.
M.Sc. in Physics from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India.
Ph.D. in Material Science from S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata, India.
Dr. Bipul Kumar Mahato is working at PEARL as a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow since January, 2019. His research interest includes design & fabrication of nanodevices, experimental and simulation studies of magnetic properties like Spin wave confinement, Spin transfer torque, Spin Hall effect, Inverse spin Hall Effect for various Spintronics applications such as magnetic logic gates, on chip data communication, Magnetic Random Access Memory (MRAM), radio frequency antenna applications and plasmonic spintronics.
- Intrinsic spin dynamics in optically excited nanoscale magnetic tunnel junction arrays restored by dielectric coating. M. Jaris, Y. Yahagi, K. Mahato, S. Dhuey, S. Cabrini, V. Nikitin. J. Stout A. R. Hawkins H. Schmidt Appl. Phys. Letts. 109, 202403 (2016).
- Tunable configurational Anisotropy in Collective Magnetization Dynamics of Ni80Fe20 Nanodot Arrays with Varying Dot Shapes. K. Mahato, S. Choudhury, R. Mandal, S. Barman, Y. Otani and A. Barman J. Appl. Phys. 117, 213909 (2015).
- Optical behaviour of CdS nanorods dispersed in liquid crystals. J. S. Roy, T. Pal Majumder, R. Dabrowski, B. K. Mahato, A. Barman Adv. Mater. Lett. 6, 47 (2015).
- Tunable spin wave dynamics in two-dimensional Ni80Fe20 nanodot lattices by varying dot shape. B. K. Mahato, B. Rana, D. Kumar, S. Barman, S. Sugimoto, Y. Otani & A. Barman. Applied Physics Letters. 105, 012406 (2014).
- Configurational anisotropic spin waves in cross-shaped Ni80Fe20 nanoelements. B. K. Mahato, B Rana, R Mandal, D Kumar, S Barman, Y Fukuma, Y Otani, A Barman. Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 192402 (2013).
- Static and dynamic magnetic properties of densely packed magnetic nanowire arrays. Dmytriiev, UAS Al-Jarah, P Gangmei, VV Kruglyak, RJ Hicken, B. K. Mahato, B Rana, M Agrawal, A Barman, M Mátéfi-Tempfli, L Piraux, S Mátéfi-Tempfli. Rev. B. 87, 174429 (2013).
- Magnetization Reversal in Chemically Synthesized Hexagonal Cobalt Microplatelets. B. K Mahato, A Ganguly, B Rana, A Barman. J. of Phys. Chem. C 116, 22057 (2012).
- Size effect on the magnetic properties of oleic acid stabilized substrate free BiFeO3 nanocrystals Dabbugalla Mahesh, B. K. Mahato, Anjan Barman, and Swapan K. Mandal, Eur. Phys. J. Appl. Phys. 70, 10601 (2015).