Designation: Research Fellow
Area of Interest: Plasma Diagnostics, Plasma Simulations, Pulsed Plasma Systems, Plasma Assisted Combustion Systems, Dielectric Barrier Discharge
B. Tech in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from NIT, Calicut, India.
M.Sc.(Engg.) from the Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
Dr. Joseph V. Vas completed his Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering from IISc Bangalore in year 2017. His dissertation titled “Electromagnetic Properties of Carbon Based Polymer Nanocomposites for Shielding, Chaffing and Camouflage Applications”.
He joined PEARL in 2017 and currently working as Research Fellow.
He is actively working in research areas of Plasma devices (RF and Dense Plasma Devices) and applications, Plasma Simulations and Plasma Diagnostics.
Patent: Vas J. V. and Thomas M. J., “Layered silicon rubber carbon nanocomposites for electromagnetic shielding”, IP- 201641023148, 5th July, 2016, patent pending.
Some of his Publications are:
- Vas J. V. and Thomas M. J., “Electromagnetic Shielding Effectiveness of Layered Polymer Nanocomposites”, IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 60, pp. 376-384, 2017.
- Vas J. V. and Thomas M. J., “Carbon Nanofibers based Nanocomposites for Electromagnetic Shielding Applications”, IEEE Compatibility Magazine, pp. 77-79, May 2016.
- Vas J. V. and Thomas M. J., “Surface degradation of silicone rubber nanocomposites due to DC corona discharge”, IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 21, pp. 1175-1182, June 2014.
- Vas J. V., Venkatesulu B. and Thomas M. J., “Tracking and Erosion of Silicone Rubber Nanocomposites under dc Voltages of Both Polarity”, IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 19, pp. 91-98, February 2012.
- Vas J. V. and Thomas M. J., “Monte Carlo Modeling of Percolation and Conductivity in Carbon Filled Polymer Nanocomposites”, IET Science, Measurement and Technology, Vol. 12, pp. 98-105, 2018