Dr. Rohit Medwal
Designation: Research Fellow
Area of Interest: Magnetic Materials, Terahertz Spintronics, Spin-orbitronics, Opto-elctronics and Nanomagnetism.
B.Sc. in Physics from Delhi University, India.
M.Sc. in Physics from Delhi University, India.
Ph.D. in Material Science from Delhi University, India.
Dr. Rohit Medwal got his Doctorate degree from Delhi University, India in Material Science. He was awarded Anil K. Bharti Bhatnagar Award form Indian Physics Association, for the best doctoral thesis in the solid state physics in year 2013.
He joined PEARL in 2016 and currently working as Research Fellow.
His research area mainly focuses on the experimental and computational studies of Nanomagnetism and Spintronics like Spin Hall effect, Inverse spin Hall Effect, Spin pumping, THz Spintronics and plasmonic spintronics.
Some of his Publications are:
- Kandammathe Valiyaveedu Sreekanth, Mohamed ElKabbash, Rohit Medwal, Jihua Zhang, Theodore Letsou, Giuseppe Strangi, Michael Hinczewski, Rajdeep S. Rawat, Chunlei Guo, Ranjan Singh, Generalized Brewster-angle effect in thin-film optical absorbers and its application for graphene hydrogen sensing, ACS Publications(accepted June 2019) IF: 6.8.
- Rohit Medwal, Surbhi Gupta, R. S. Rawat, S. Annapoorni, and Y. Fukuma, Spin Pumping in Asymmetric Fe50Pt50/Cu/Fe20Ni80 Trilayer Structure, Rapid Research Letter (accepted June 2019) IF:3.7.
- Rohit Medwal, Neeru Sehdev and S. Annapoorni , Order- Disorder investigation of hard magnetic nanostructured FePt Alloy, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 45 , 055001-1-6, (2012).
- Rohit Medwal, Neeru Sehdev, Govind, S. Annapoorni, Electronic states of self-stabilized L10 FePt alloy nanoparticles, Appl. Phys. A: Mat. Sci. Proc., 109, 403-408, (2012).
- Rohit Medwal, Neeru Sehdev and S. Annapoorni, Temperature dependent magnetic and structural ordering of self-assembled magnetic array of FePt nanoparticles, J. Nanoparticle Research, 15, 1423-1-10, (2013).
- Neeru Sehdev, Rohit Medwal and S. Annapoorni, Enhanced phase stabilization of CoPt in the presence of Ag, J. Appl. Phys., 110 033901 -1-7, (2011).
- Neeru Sehdev, Rohit Medwal and S. Annapoorni, Ag assisted evolution of ordered L10 CoPt alloy nanoparticles, J. of Alloys and Compounds, 522, 85-89, (2012).
- Neeru Sehdev, Rohit Medwal, Dinesh Chandra Agarwal and S. Annapoorni, Correlation of interlayer diffusion with the stoichiometric composition of RF sputtered Pt/Co/Pt sandwiched structures, J. Mater. Sci., 48, 3192-3197, (2013).
- Rekha Gupta, Rohit Medwal, S. Annapoorni, Phase investigation in Pt supported off-stoichiometric iron-platinum thin ﬁlms, Materials Research Bulletin, 48, 3881–3886, (2013).
- Rekha Gupta, Rohit Medwal, Neeru Sehdev, S. Annapoorni, Pt diffusion driven L10 ordering in off-stoichiometric FePt thin films, J. Magn. Magn. Mater., 345, 60–64, (2013).
- Wang, Rohit Medwal, Neeru, R. S. Rawat, U. Ilyas, P. Lee and T. L. Tan, Minimization of impurity phase formation in FePt thin films prepared by pulsed laser deposition, Applied surface sciences, 288, 381-391, (2014).
- Rekha Gupta, Rohit Medwal, Preeti Sharma, Ajit K Mahapatro, S Annapoorni, Effect of Pt layers on chemical ordering in FePt thin films, Superlattices and Microstructures, 64, 408-417, (2013).
- Neeru Sehdev, Rohit Medwal, Rakesh Malik, Dinesh Chandra Agarwal, K. Asokan, D. Kanjilal, S. Annapoorni, Defects mediated diffusion in Pt/Co/Pt multilayers induced by dense electronic excitations, Current Applied Physics, 14 455-461, (2014).
- Rekha Gupta, Rajan goyal, Rohit Medwal, S. Annapoorni, Structural and magnetic transformation in electrochemically synthesized FePt thin films on Si/Pt electrodes, AIP Conference Proceedings, 1591, 107-109, (2014).
- Lalit Kumar, Rohit Medwal, P Sen and S. Annapoorni, Processing temperature driven morphological evolution of ZnO nanostructures prepared by electro exploding wire technique, Materials Research Express, 1, 015045-1-13, (2014).
- Kamal Singh, Rohit Medwal, S. Annapoorni, Au-ZnO hybrid nanostructures prepared by electro-exploding wire technique: Raman signal enhancement and photoluminescence emission quenching, J. Material Science, 49, 8386, (2014).
- Rohit Medwal, Neeru Sehdev, Alok Banerjee and S. Annapoorni, Room temperature coercivity and interaction effects in L10 FePt nanoparticle, J. Phys D, 47, 355002-1-6, (2014).
- Rohit Medwal, Kriti Gogia, Dhruv Thakar, Vaibhav Vibhu, John Rex Mohan, Neeru Sehdev and S.Annapoorni, Effect of functionalization on positional ordering of 3nm FePt nanoparticles: Langmuir–Blodgett monolayer, Surface and Coating Technology, 258, 509-514, (2014).
- Apurve Saini, Rohit Medwal, Saurabh Bedi, Bharat Mehta, Rekha Gupta, Thomas Maurer, Jerome Plain and S. Annapoorni, Axonic Au tips induced enhancement in Raman spectra and biomolecular sensing, Plasmonics, DOI 10.1007/s11468-014-9847-4
- Rekha Gupta, Rohit Medwal and S. Annapoorni, Direct evidence of chemical ordering in the FePt nanostructured alloy by HR-TEM, Superlattices and Microstructures, 83, 459-465, (2015)
- Surbhi Gupta, Rohit Medwal, Tej B. Limbu, Rajesh K. Katiyar, Shojan P. Pavunny, Monika Tomar, G. Morell, Vinay Gupta, R. S. Katiyar, “Graphene/semiconductor silicon modified BiFeO3/indium tin oxide ferroelectric photovoltaic device for transparent self-powered windows”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 107, 062902 (2015).
- Rohit Medwal, Surbhi Gupta, Shojan P Pavunny, Rajesh K Katiyar, S Annapoorni, R S Katiyar, “Coherent phonon modes in nanostructured zinc oxide synthesized by arc-exploding technique”, Mater. Lett. 160, 183 -185 (2015)
- Gupta, Rohit Medwal, D. Kodama, K. Kondou, Y. Otani and Y. Fukuma, Important role of magnetization precession angle measurement in inverse spin Hall Effect induced by spin pumping, Applied Physics Letters 110, 022404 (2017).
- Rohit Medwal, Neeru Sehdev, Wang Ying, S. Rawat and S. Annapoorni, Dense-plasma-driven ultrafast formation of FePt organization on silicon substrate, Bulletin of Materials Science 40:1-6 (2017).
- Gupta, Rohit Medwal, S.P. Pavunny, D. Sanchez, R.S. Katiyar, Temperature dependent Raman scattering and electronic transitions in rare earth SmFeO3, Ceramic International 44, 4198–4203 (2018).
- Rohit Medwal, S. Gupta, S.P. Pavunny, R.K. Katiyar, R. Thomas, and R.S. Katiyar, Low-voltage-driven Pt/BiFeO3/DyScO3/p-Si-based metal–ferroelectric–insulator–semiconductor device for non-volatile memory, Journal of Material Science 53, 4274–4282 (2018).
- Neeru Sehdev, Rohit Medwal, Rakesh Malik, Asokan Kandasami, Dinakar Kanjilal, and S. Annapoorni Thermal annealing and transient electronic excitations induced interfacial and magnetic effects on Pt/Co/Pt trilayer, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics, 420, 50-58, (2018).
- Rohit Medwal, Sanjeev Gautam, Surbhi Gupta, Keunhwachae Chae, Asokan Kandasami, Gulam Roshan Deen, Rajdeep Singh Rawat, Ram Katiyar, S. Annapoorni, Self-stabilized carbon-L10 FePt nanoparticles for heated dot recording media, IEEE magnetic letters, DOI: 10.1109/LMAG.2018.2840990