Designation: Research Fellow
Area Expertise: Super Capacitors, Lithium Ion Batteries and Electrocatalysis.
Qualifications: B.Sc. in Applied Chemistry from Beihang University (BUAA), China.
Ph.D in Physics Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
Dr. Ouyang Bo completed his Doctorate degree in Physics from Nanyang Technological University in year 2017 under the guidance and supervision of A/P Rajdeep S. Rawat.
He joined PEARL in 2017 and currently working as Research Fellow.
His research work mainly focuses on synthesis of energy materials used for super capacitors and lithium ion batteries.
Some of his Publications are:
- Dongliang Chao, Bo Ouyang, Pei Liang, Tran Thi Thu Huong, Guichong Jia, Hui Huang, Xinhui Xia, Rajdeep Singh Rawat, Hong Jin Fan, “C-Plasma of Hierarchical Graphene Survives SnS Bundles for Ultra-Stable and High Volumetric Na-Ion Storage”, Advanced Materials, Accepted. (Co-first author)
- Bo Ouyang, Dongliang Chao, Guichong Jia, Zheng Zhang, Hong Jin Fan, Rajdeep Singh Rawat, “Hierarchical vertical graphene nanotube arrays via universal carbon plasma processing strategy: A platform for high-rate performance battery electrodes”, Energy Storage Materials, DOI: 10.1016/j.ensm.2018.08.007.
- Yongqi Zhang, Bo Ouyang, Kun Xu, Xinhui Xia, Zheng Zhang, Rajdeep Singh Rawat, Hong Jin Fan, “Prereduction of metal oxides via carbon plasma treatment for efficient and stable electrocatalytic hydrogen evolution”, Small, 2018, 14, 1800340. (Co-first author)
- Bo Ouyang, Yongqi Zhang, Zheng Zhang, Hong Jin Fan, R. S. Rawat, “Nitrogen plasma activated hierarchical nickel nitride nano-corals for energy applications”, Small, 2017, 13, 1604265.
- Bo Ouyang, Yongqi Zhang, Ying Wang, Hong Jin Fan, R. S. Rawat, “Plasma surface functionalization induced nanostructuring and nitrogen doping in carbon cloth with enhanced energy storage performance”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2016, 4, 17801-17808.
- Yongqi Zhang, Bo Ouyang, Jing Xu, Shi Chen, R. S. Rawat, Hong Jin Fan, “3D porous hierarchical nickel-molybdenum nitrides synthesized by RF plasma as highly active and stable hydrogen evolution reaction electrocatalysts”, Advanced Energy Materials, 2016, 6, 1600221. (Co-first author)
- Yongqi Zhang, Bo Ouyang, Jing Xu, Guichong Jia, Shi Chen, R. S. Rawat, Hong Jin Fan, “Rapid synthesis of cobalt nitride nanowires: highly efficient and low-cost catalysts for oxygen evolution”, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2016, 55, 1-6.
- Bo Ouyang, Ying Wang, Zheng Zhang, R. S. Rawat, “MoS2 anchored free-standing three dimensional vertical graphene foam based binder-free electrodes for enhanced lithium-ion stroage”, Electrochimica Acta, 2016, 194, 151-160.
- Bo Ouyang, Yongqi Zhang, Zheng Zhang, Hong Jin Fan, R. S. Rawat, “Green synthesis of vertical graphene nanosheets and their application in high-performance supercapacitors”, RSC Advance, 2016, 6, 23968.
- Bo Ouyang, Mohan V. Jacob, R. S. Rawat, “Free standing 3D graphene nano-mesh synthesis by RF plasma CVD using non-synthetic precursor”, Materials Research Bulletin, 2015, 71, 61-66.
- Mohan V. Jacob, R. S. Rawat, Bo Ouyang, D. Sakthi Kumar, Kateryna Bazaka, Dai Taguchi, Mitsumasa Iwamoto, Oomman Varghese, “Catalyst free plasma enhanced growth of graphene from sustainable sources”, Nano Letter, 2015, 15, 5702-5708.
- Yongqi Zhang, Guichong Jia, Huanwen Wang, Bo Ouyang, R. S. Rawat, Hong Jin Fan, “Ultrathin CNTs@FeOOH nanoflake core/shell networks as efficient electrocatalysts for the oxygen evolution reaction”, Materials Chemistry Frontier, 2017, 1, 709-715.
- Jiang Zhou, Ying Huang, Xiehong Cao, Bo Ouyang, Wenping Sun, Chaoliang Tan, Yu Zhang, Qinglang Ma, Shuquan Liang, Qingyu Yan, Hua Zhang, “Two-dimensional NiCo2O4 nanosheet-coated three-dimensional graphene networks for high-rate, long-cycle-life supercapacitors”, Nanoscale, 2015, 7, 7035-7039.
- Hong Yu, Cao Guan, Xianhong Rui, Bo Ouyang, Boluo Yadian, Yizhong Huang, Hua Zhang, Harry E. Hoster, Hong Jin Fan, Qingyu Yan, “Hierarchically porous three-dimensional electrodes of CoMoO4 and ZnCo2O4 and their high anode performance for lithium ion batteries”, Nanoscale, 2014, 6, 10556-10561.